Sunday, November 25, 2007

Cookbook: Giving Thanks


I spent the days after Thanksgiving selling Tastes Like Home: Mediterranean Cooking in Alaska at the Anchorage Museum’s annual craft and book fair. I saw lots of old friends and made some new ones.

Writing a cookbook and having it published can be unnerving; you send your recipes out in the world and don’t have any idea whether purchasers use and enjoy them. The feedback I received this weekend dispelled my worries.

A surprising number of people stopped by our table to say they had previously purchased Tastes Like Home and very much liked the book. I was particularly happy to hear people found the recipes clear and easy to follow.

It was a good weekend, for which I give great thanks. Ο Θεός είναι Μεγάλος.

6 comments:

Ivy said...

Glad to hear that you had good comments about your book.

Laurie Constantino said...

Thanks, Ivy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, that's amazing to have a cookbook of your own.

Laurie Constantino said...

Indeed it is, scientist! And it was more work than I imagined it would be. I'm glad it's done, but I had a good time doing it.

ThreeTastes said...

Your plasto recipe was delicious, and indeed your instructions are clear and easy to follow. I'm looking forward to trying other recipes in your collection. We were spared the "adventure" of having to bake the Plasto in the BBQ grill by the timely arrival of our new toaster oven ; P

Laurie Constantino said...

I'm glad you liked it threetastes! It's one of my personal favorites, as is pretty much anything that includes greens as a major ingredient!